Call for Articles: 7th Edition
ITERATIONS Design Research and Practice Review is currently seeking submissions for Issue 7. The theme for this issue reflects the recent publication help to establish Ireland as the ‘design Island’ and build on the government policy for Design (2017).
From insight to impact: Designing for growth
- In business
- In self
- In society
By this theme we encourage articles that contribute to the national conversation around design initiated by the recent government publication, “Winning By Design” (2017).
We encourage contributions from academics, individuals and industries that demonstrate the role of design in delivering real impact. We are particularly interested in academic articles, non-academic discussion papers, research articles, action research, design process commentary and position papers will also be considered as per previous issues.
The review is an open platform for practicing designers and design researchers alike and strives to publish a reflection of contemporary issues in Design Practice and Research.
Submissions may include:
- Full research papers for peer review (6-8 pages: 6 page article requires 3000-3300 words, 8 page article requires 4000-4500)
- Position papers (up to 1500 words)
- Reflections on practice focused on design projects or process (Use full paper and commentary articles as a guide to wordcount)
- Single page A4 Portrait – Practice, creative work, infographics, visual essay, illustration, etc.
- Commentary, Opinion (up to 1500 words)
- Interviews (up to 1500 words)
Call for articles: 17th November 2017
Deadline for receipt of articles: 31st January 2018
Blind peer review deadline: 3rd February 2018
Approval of articles from editorial board: Week 15th March 2018
Date of publication:June 2018
If you have any queries please contact the editorial team.